Field plots and sampling stations
An important part of the work developed in the Department of Forest Ecosystems requires the installation of trials in forests. The research plots are established in other buildings owned by the ‘Xunta de Galicia’, and in other forest areas belonging to the ‘Comunidades de Montes Veciñais en Man Común’ scattered through the territory of Galicia.
- 3 sites with 12 plots per site, occupying a total area around 0.0348mi in. natural masses of Quercus robur: DS07, DS14, DS24
- 3 sites with 12 plots per site, occupying a total area around 0.0232mi in. natural masses and repopulations of Betula alba: DS09, DS18, DS23
- Two locations with arboreta of 23919yd for the study of forest species adaptation to climate change: AR29 and AR30
- A silvopastoral system of mixed pine forest covering an area of 0.0425mi
- An oak forest with a 27.340 weather station for microclimate studies